This post contains affiliate links for products we recommend, affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate the site earn from qualifying purchases If you click a link and buy something we may receive some compensation. This does not change the price you would pay.
One filter for ocean or fresh water use. Based on reliable forward osmosis technology, the extraordinary Seal filter is simple to use and exceptionally reliable, able to filter virtually any available water without clogging. To use, simply place the pouches in the water source. In open water, where the pouches might float away, use the included net and tether to life raft or other object. The Seal will swell over time as water is drawn through the membrane wall and into the pouch by osmosis. Salts and biological contaminants are blocked by the 0.0007 micron filter and kept outside the pouch. When finished, simply poke the pouch with the included straw and drink. FTS desalinators are used by the US Coast Guard and multiple Navys and Air Force units around the world because they’re simple, reliable and provide a high-energy survival drink. Now, you can rely on this same technology to ensure safe hydation, no matter where in the world you are.
- Forward Osmosis Membrane Pouch Filter rejects >94% of ocean salt and 99.999999% of bacteria. Can be used in ocean water or fresh water. No chemicals, no power, no pumping
- Non-clogging technology for use with highly turbid water sources. Easy to use … just drop in water sources and the pouch will self-fill by osmosis
- Each pouch generates 230 ml drink in salt water, 450 ml drink in fresh water
- Each pouch provides 200 calories plus electrolytes for hydration and energy
- Fill time: 6 hrs in 30°C water, 8 hrs in 20°C water