This post contains affiliate links for products we recommend, affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate the site earn from qualifying purchases If you click a link and buy something we may receive some compensation. This does not change the price you would pay.
The Platypus GravityWorks High-Capacity Water Filtration System is ideal for basecamps, group and family camping, outdoor activities, and emergency preparedness. It does not require pumps, batteries, moving parts, or chemicals, ensuring access to clean water from contaminated sources, in situations ranging from adventure to survival. The replaceable hollow-fiber microfilter cartridge filters up to 1,500 gallons of water, and meets all EPA and NSF guidelines for removal of 99.9999% of bacteria and 99.9% of protozoa, including Giardia, Cryptosporidium, E. coli, Salmonella, and Cholera. The water filtration system is easy to use almost anywhere. Simply scoop water from a lake, river, stream, or other contaminated water source into the dirty water reservoir and suspend above the clean water reservoir. Water flows through the walls of the bundled fibers at rate of 1.75 liters/minute, leaving impurities behind, and filling the clean water reservoir in a matter of minutes. It’s also easy to maintain in the field, backflushing in just four seconds to clean and restore performance. The Platypus GravityWorks High-Capacity Water Filtration System includes a dirty water reservoir, clean water reservoir, hollow-fiber microfilter, hoses, shutoff clamp, and storage sack. Available in two sizes: The 6.0 Liter configuration weighs 12.5 ounces and includes reservoirs with a 6.0 Liter capacity each, and the 4.0 Liter configuration weighs 11.5 ounces and includes reservoirs with a 4.0 Liter capacity each. Each complete kit is compact, packing down to the size of a one-liter water bottle. Manufacturer’s limited lifetime warranty. Made in the USA.
- High-capacity, gravity-fed, hollow-fiber water filter system is ideal for group and family camping, outdoor adventures, and emergency preparedness
- Meets all EPA/NSF guidelines for removal of 99.9999% of bacteria and 99.9% of protozoa, including giardia, cryptosporidium, E. coli, salmonella, cholera
- No pumping required; reservoir fills easily and hangs from a tree to deliver six liters of filtered water for cooking and washing in under 4 minutes
- Includes 6-liter dirty water reservoir, 6-liter clean water reservoir, hollow-fiber microfilter, hoses, shutoff clamp, and storage sack
- Replaceable cartridge filters up to 1,500 gallons; produces flow rate of 1.75 liters/minute; kit weights 12.5 ounces; limited lifetime warranty; made in the USA